DeSoto ISD Computer Login
How do I know what my username is to log on to my computer?
- Usernames for new staff members are made up of your First Name and Last Name separated by a period (John.Doe).
- Staff members with names which exceed 20 characters are truncated to First Initial.LastName (J.ExtremelyLong-Name)
- Staff members with names matching pre-existing staff members names will receive a username which includes their middle initial (John.Q.Doe).
What is my password for logging on to my computer and e-mail?
- Users are assigned an initial password that is emailed to you after Human Resources has received your paper work and given it to Technology for initial account creation.
- Users are not required to change the initial password but are strongly encouraged to do so. To change your computer login password simply press ALT+CTRL+DEL when you are logged into your computer, select reset password, then follow the prompts.
- Passwords do not expire, but may be changed as deemed necessary by the user.
- Passwords must meet complexity requirements. The requirements include:
A. Passwords must contain at least 7 characters. Passwords with 15 characters are the most secure.
B. Passwords cannot contain any portion of your username.
C. Passwords must contain at least 3 of the 4 character types. (The 4 character types are: capital letter, lower case letter, numbers, and special characters.)
- Hardened passwords, passwords which meet complexity requirements and suggestions and which do not contain "dictionary" terms, are strongly encouraged and can provide users and the district information systems with appropriate security. Hardened passwords can be safely utilized on all district software platforms including Eduphoria and TEAMS, allowing users to memorize a single strong password for all programs.
- Passwords should never be shared with other staff members or students and should only be written down in secure locations which are inaccessible to others.
- These password guidelines reflect several changes in policy from the 2015-16 school year.
I have a Windows XP computer, and I am sure that my username and password are correct. Why can't I log on?
- Users who have access to a Windows XP computer must ensure that the 3rd field of the logon prompt is set to "DESOTO_AD". The 3rd field is a drop-down menu and also allows the Computer Name to be selected. However, successful login will only occur when the "DESOTO_AD" domain is selected.
DeSoto ISD Staff E-mail
How do I know what my username is to log on to my e-mail?
- E-mail addresses for new staff members are made up of your First Name and Last Name separated by a period followed by @desotoisd.org ( John.Doe@desotoisd.org ).
- Staff members with names which exceed 20 characters are truncated to First Initial.LastName (J.ExtremelyLong-Name@desotoisd.org)
- Staff members with names matching pre-existing staff members names will receive a username which includes their middle initial ( John.Q.Doe@desotoisd.org ).
How do I access my district e-mail?
Gmail web access
Navigate to www.gmail.com . Your login will be your firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a new employee and I need an account.
Employees who have finalized their paperwork with Human Resources may already have a computer login account which is also used for accessing the district web site, TEAMS, and e-mail. You may also already have an account for Eduphoria!, CSCOPE, and other district resources. (See FAQ #1 for more information regarding username and password formats.)
If you are unsure whether you have an account or know that you do not have one, please use the following link to request a new account.
Employee Account Request Form
I cannot remember my password to ...
If you need your password reset, please use the link below to request a password reset. If you cannot remember your Eduphoria! password, Eduphoria! passwords may be reset by using the reset link on the Eduphoria! login page at Eduphoria! .
Password Reset Form