Volunteers are very important partners in supporting the educational programs and activities in DeSoto ISD. Volunteers give their time, dedication and encouragement to our students and school staff in various ways. Whether you are a parent, business/community partner or individual volunteer you are important to us for giving your services and time. All volunteers that engage in campus and student activities MUST complete the application process and receive a background clearance by the Human Resources Department. Thank you in advance for your generosity.
"Volunteerism is the voice of the people put into action.
These actions shape and mold the present into a future of which we can all be proud."
Dr. Amber Reed, volunteer coordinator
972.223.6666 ext. 484
Click Here for the Volunteer Handbook
Click Here to Begin the Volunteer Application
*Applications may take up to a week for approval
Volunteer Application Process Online
All Volunteer Applications MUST be submitted online using the TEAMS system volunteer application component.
Steps to become a volunteer:
- Complete the online Volunteer Application and indicate the schools and roles you wish to assist with on the form.
- Accept the terms and provide information for an accurate background check.
- The completed form is transmitted to HR for the background check. At this time the volunteer must wait for the ‘clear’ from HR, they can log back into and check their status at anytime.
- The district volunteer coordinator will have access to the system to see if an application is still waiting to be cleared or has been cleared.
- Once the application is ‘clear’ (or marked as ‘not clear at this time’) the district coordinator will be notified.
- The district coordinator will notify the volunteer of their cleared status by e-mail.
- The campus volunteer coordinator (currently the counselor) will then have access to all cleared volunteers. They are responsible for contacting volunteers to fulfill campus needs.
Due to the need for annual background checks, volunteers must re-submit their online application each year. The system will keep all information on file and volunteers can renew their application.
The applications will be active from July 1 to June 30 annually.