DeSoto ISD has a wide array of summer schools to choose from. Just click on the link to your grade level below and find a summer school or program that interests you.
More Great Summer Learning Ideas:
For some students, online learning or family collaboration can be the best answer. Check out some of the following online websites for tools and suggestions:
Think outside the box.
- For older students, consider a job, volunteer work or an internship with a local business. Even if unpaid, these opportunities can provide valuable hands-on experiences for your student that look good on a resume and college applications.
- Students of all grades can take a class at a local university, recreation center or sign-up for fine arts – theater, choir, instruments or art class.
- Encourage and model reading and writing by forming a book club. The group setting will help with sharing your ideas and discussing literary topics. Also, simple writing prompts for essays will develop critical thinking skills.
- Journal your summer activities – maybe even a video journal or web blog.
- Read the news and stay informed on important current and world events.