2016-2017 DeSoto ISD Council of PTAs - Executive Board Officers
- President - Melissa Gant firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President - Patty Wallace
- Treasurer - Shannon Roberts
- Secretary - Leslie McBride
Calling ALL Parents: Engagement builds relationships!
Come out Monday, November 28 at 5:30 p.m. in the ISC Resource Room (200 E. Belt Line Rd.) for the DeSoto ISD PTA Council Meeting.
GENERAL OVERVIEW - The DeSoto ISD Council of PTAs is a dedicated Executive Board that assists and guides campus PTAs as well as provides programming, fundraising ideas and much more!
DeSoto ISD Council of PTAs
PTA Mission Statement - To make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. The goal for DeSoto ISD is that every faculty and staff member become involved and join their local PTAs.
PTA Meetings by Campus
- All Elementary PTAs meet the 2nd Thursday of each month
- All Middle School PTAs meet the 3rd Tuesday of each month
- DHS PTSA Meetings - November 5, 2016, January 7, March 4, May 6
National PTA Resources
National PTA® created the Parents' Guide to Student Success in
both English and Spanish to help parents with students in grades K-8
and grades 9-12 (one for English language arts/literacy and one for
The Guide includes:
- Key items that children should be learning in English language arts and mathematics in each grade.
- Activities that parents can do at home to support their child's learning.
- Methods for helping parents build stronger relationships with their child's teacher.
- Tips for planning for college and career (high school only)
TUTORING HELP at the DeSoto Public Library
Homework Help is available for Kindergarten - 12th grade, college introduction level students, and adult learners from 2 p.m. to midnight. This program connects students to a real live tutor. Children and young adults simply log on with their library card number to the DeSoto Public Library website, enter their grade level and the subject they need help in and within a few minutes or less are connected to an expert tutor. Students can receive help in math, science, social studies or English. Students will need a DeSoto Public Library card to log on. If you’d like to learn more about the program, please call the library at 972.230.9666.
Click below to help by donating to our DeSoto ISD PTA.