DeSoto ISD is seeking public input for name suggestions for the new elementary school being built southeast of the Polk/Uhl Rd. and Parkerville Rd. intersection. The school will open in the fall of 2018.
(East of Meadowcreek Park with the school street entrance coming from Parkerville.)
Guidelines for Naming:
When the Board is considering naming a new facility, suggestions can include:
- A person or persons who served the district or community, especially to children
- A state or national heroic figure
- A person or persons who made a significant contribution to society and/or education and name shall lend prestige and status to an institute of learning
- A local residential or geographic area
How-To Submit a Name Suggestion:
- Visit www.desotoisd.org/naming or click on the image online or on social media.
- Include your suggested name, why, and your contact information and submit!
Submissions are now Closed
DEADLINE was Friday, March 10 at noon!
The Board will convene to review all submissions and select a school name!