DeSoto ECHS Mission Statement
Here at DeSoto Early College High School, we are committed to empowering a diverse body of students to develop and apply their skills in order to pursue knowledge and become productive college students, workers, and citizens. We will accomplish this by designing curricula and support structures that ensure all students meet and exceed all performance standards to obtain a high school diploma and an associate degree or two years of transferable college credit.
- To create a means to higher education for first-generation college students.
- To provide dual credit to students at no cost along with intense academic counseling.
- To develop course work which reflects a college curriculum.
- To increase college attendance and success rates for students.
- To promote a college culture among students on and off campus.
Early College enables students, particularly low-income and minority students, to experience rigorous high school and college coursework that leads to improved outcomes. Early college students are outperforming their peers nationwide:
- 90% graduate high school vs. 78% of traditional students.
- 94% earn free college credit while in high school.
- 23% earn an Associate's degree or other post-secondary credentials while in high school.
October 2016 Calendar
Hybrid Calendar A (2016-2017)
Hybrid Calendar B (2016-2017)
2016-17 High School Course Catalog
Early College High School Principal
600 Eagle Drive, DeSoto, Texas 75115
Phone (972) 230-0726 x1700