In the DeSoto Collegiate Magnet Program, our mission is to provide students the opportunity to earn a high school diploma and an associate's degree in preparation for future endeavors and global challenges. Staff, parents, students, and community stakeholders will work together to instill in each student the academic social skills necessary for responsible and productive citizenship through professional development, community service, and scholarship opportunities.
- To create a means to higher education for first-generation college students.
- To provide dual credit to students at no cost along with intense academic counseling.
- To develop course work which reflects a college curriculum.
- To increase college attendance and success rates for students.
- To promote a college culture among students on and off campus.
- CMP students receive the opportunity to earn an Associate’s Degree in high school and at no cost.
- CMP students complete their traditional high school diploma while simultaneously completing college courses online, at the high school, and at the college.
- The DeSoto Collegiate Magnet Program (CMP) offers eleven different degree choices and over 25 college and industry certifications through personalized degree plans based on student interest.
- Degree plans are carefully selected to complement the existing DeSoto High School College and Career Academies. Choices include health and science, arts and performance, professional, business, and technology fields.
Collegiate Magnet Program Coordinator
600 Eagle Drive, DeSoto, Texas 75115
Phone (972) 230-0726 x1700