Separation from Employment

In order to separate from DeSoto ISD, you must submit a letter of resignation/retirement to your principal or supervisor. The letter must be dated and include the effective date of your resignation/retirement, reason for separation, along with your signature. You must also complete a Notice of Separation from Employment Form. Please submit this form to your principal or supervisor along with your letter of separation.

If you are also retiring through the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), please contact them directly. You may access their website via or call 1-800-223-8778. Note: Your separation from the district is processed through DeSoto ISD, but your retirement is processed through the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS). Questions related to retirement benefits cannot be addressed by DeSoto ISD personnel.

Your input is important to us and we ask that you complete the following  Exit Interview to help us improve our district.

2019 Exit Interview

Additional Information to Consider

  • While it is not a requirement, some employees wish to request a refund of their TRS member contribution. In order to request a refund, you must download the TRS 6 Form . The form must be notarized and mailed to the TRS address provided on the form.    
  • If you are retiring through TRS, you will receive a Notice of Final Deposit Before Retirement . This is also referred to as the TRS 7 Form. It will be sent directly to you from TRS in your retirement information. This form is submitted by you to DeSoto ISD payroll. Payroll will complete the TRS 7 Form the month you receive your final paycheck from DeSoto ISD. You will be contacted by the payroll office for a retirement consultation once they receive your TRS 7 Form.  
  • If you need to update your name, address, or phone number, complete and submit the Employee Name and Address Change Form and this will be sent to the human resources department.
  • If you have any questions regarding insurance coverage (including COBRA) or any other voluntary deductions, contact the DeSoto ISD Benefits Office at (972) 223-6666, extension 208.  
  • To request your district service records, complete and submit the Service Record Request Form . Service records will be provided 30 days after the date of the request or 30 days from the last day of employment.

While you are still employed with DeSoto ISD, you will have access to:

  • Employee Service Center   - You may view your personal information, employment records, and payroll information. After your last day of employment with the district, this information is still accessible, by creating a new login. At the bottom of the Employee Service Center login page, please click "Register".
  • Eduphoria - Any professional development transcripts or certificates may be printed. This is encouraged as proof of professional development.

We appreciate your service to the students of DeSoto ISD and wish you the best!

For submission of separation documents or questions about the separation process, please email .