Thank you for your interest in the Young Women’s Leadership Project at DeSoto High School! We anticipate a fun-filled and engaging experience this year, helping develop and advance the untapped potential ready to flower in you! Please complete this application thoroughly and thoughtfully as all decisions will be made based on the application received.
The following criteria is required for participation
Young ladies must be:
- Enrolled in DeSoto High School for the 2016-17 school year
- Maintain a 98% attendance rate (3.6 total unexcused absences in a school year)
- Maintain a 98% timeliness rate (average no more than 2% tardy)
- Maintain minimum C average
- Incur minimal disciplinary referrals for the year (excessive disciplinary referrals could create ineligibility for succeeding years)
- Willing and able to commit a minimum of 10 hours per month to various community service activities and projects (100 community service hours over the course of the year with any approved charity or group as sponsor.
In addition, the student should submit:
- At least one letter of recommendation from a non-family member
- An interest statement from the student describing why she wants to participate. The statement may be in the form of a letter, essay or video.
Please download the following files and fill them out before applying:
- Interest Statement
- Parent Letter
Click Here to Apply!
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Thursday, September 1, 2016
If you have any questions about this program, please call Ms. Thomas at 972-274-8212 ext. 206.
or e-mail at email@example.com