SPORTS MEDICINE VISION STATEMENT
DeSoto ISD Sports Medicine specializes in injury and illness prevention, assessment, treatment and rehabilitation services and athlete education to every student-athlete. The DeSoto ISD Sports Medicine Program is committed to being a leader in sports medicine services.
SPORTS MEDICINE MISSION STATEMENT
DeSoto ISD Sports Medicine Program delivers traditional athletic training and sports medicine services to the student-athletes of DeSoto ISD. The services to be delivered can be broken down into five domains:
- Prevention of Athletic Injuries
- Recognition, Evaluation, and Immediate Care of Athletic Injuries
- Rehabilitation and Reconditioning of Athletic Injuries
- Health Care Administration
- Professional Development and Responsibility
We are committed to using technology available in the delivery of these services. We will remain committed to education, clinical skill development, and equipment used in the delivery of sports medicine services so that our student-athletes will be assured of the most modern care available in the country.
The purpose of the DeSoto ISD Sports Medicine Program is four-fold:
- Allow easy access to sports medicine services to each student-athlete.
- Substantially reduce the risk of athletic injury for those student-athletes in our care.
- Enable injured student-athletes to return to their sports as soon as is medically safe.
- Encourage a philosophy of sport that stresses health and wellness.
The underlying philosophy for the sports medicine program is that the needs of the student-athlete shall always be the first consideration for all members of the sports medicine staff. We are committed to ongoing evaluation of our sports medicine program so that our student-athlete can be assured of the highest quality in sports medicine care. Furthermore, we are committed to addressing problems and concerns in a timely manner so that the needs of our student-athletes can continue to be met.